Friday, April 01, 2005

.. minding my own business...

Never, and I mean never just sit around or walk down the street minding your own business. Evidently there are a group of evil, nasty guys out there that hate that and will shoot you for it. I don't know how many runs I've been on when I was told that "I was just sitting there minding my own business when a guy jumped out and shot me". Last night was no exemption. There was a poor guy sitting in his own, pay by the hour, motel room "minding his own business" when two unknown guys stormed his motel room and shot him in the head. For no reason at all! Maybe they thought he'd be loaded with money so they thought he'd be an easy mark... But wait, this was in a kind'a seedy part of town. The guy didn't even have a wallet, not even a shirt on his back. The motel is a rat hole. Known drug and prostitution area... I think if I was robbing easy marks, I'd head up to the ritzy hotel @ a mile up the road. The poor guy evidently didn't have enough money to eat well because he was about 5' 10", 130 lbs, bone skinny. He did evidently have enough money for the 4o oz beers that he'd been drinking that night.

I know I write this tongue in cheek, but it does amaze me how many times I've heard this. Maybe I'm profiling, but I doubt this guy was just spending a quiet evening at home. Either he tried to short a prostitue or drug dealer. Lucky for him, they must have been trying to hit him in the brains.. I think he may have been a little short there, or they had bad aim. The bullet entered @ 1" in front of his left ear, and exited right above his right cheek bone. This dude was awake and talking when we arrived. It looked to us like the bullet passed through his sinus cavity and out the other side. He was bleeding out his mouth and nose, and at one point tried to blow his nose to get the blood out which would have been ok, except he blew blood out of the hole in the side of his head. We asked him not to do that anymore.He even complained about how rough the medic rode while going to the hospital. I told him that most people that have been shot through the head don't have a chance to complain about the ride. He quieted down some after that.

His tattoo/teeth death index was high. I'd have to say a good 8 of 10, lots of tattoo's, few teeth.

Sorry for the lag in posting, my last duty day before this one was pretty boring. Just more cold and flu sprinkled with diabetics. Prior to that I was at Disney for vacation, but hell, you knew that, you were probably there... the rest of the entire world was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home